Primary school tours last for about 1½ hours and cover the following:
- An introduction to planetary exploration
- How planets are made (in the small planetarium)
- The planets and minor planets in the Solar System
- The Earth and the Moon (activity)
- Size of the Solar System (activity)
- Craters (activity)
- Telescopes (including the main dome)
There are no catering facilities at the Spaceguard Centre. However, there is a room that can be made available for groups to eat a packed lunch. In good weather there are picnic tables outside.
Maximum numbers of pupils
- Primary Schools – 40 (will be split into two groups for various activities)
- Primary Schools – £3.00 per child
- 1 free teacher for every 7 children
The small gift shop is available at the end of the tour, if required.