Secondary school & college tours last for about 1½ hours. Groups do the standard adult tour (suitably pitched), covering:
- Introduction to the NEO Impact Hazard
- Planetary formation (in the small planetarium)
- Impact effects
- Asteroid and comet detection
- Asteroid and comet tracking
- Avoiding Impacts
- Telescopes (including the main dome)
There are no catering facilities at the Spaceguard Centre. However, there is a room that can be made available for groups to eat a packed lunch. In good weather there are picnic tables outside.
Maximum numbers of pupils
- Secondary Schools – 25
- Secondary Schools – £5.50 per child.
- 1 free teacher for every 7 students.
The small gift shop is available at the end of the tour, if required.